Close Menu
  • Home
  • Asia Cricket
    • County News
  • Cricket
  • Cricket-Fixtures
  • IPL
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tournaments & Series
  • World Cup
  • WTC
What's Hot

Bangladesh sweep Pakistan as focus turns to Aussie challenge

May 20, 2026

County wrap: How the Aussies fared in the seventh round

May 20, 2026

Time is now: Litchfield raring for T20 World Cup to commence | ICC Women’s T20 World Cup, 2026

May 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
WicketYaari – All About Cricket
  • Home
  • Asia Cricket
    • County News
  • Cricket
  • Cricket-Fixtures
  • IPL
  • News
  • Sports
  • Tournaments & Series
  • World Cup
  • WTC
WicketYaari – All About Cricket
Home » Axed Australia batsman Labuschagne ‘back to drawing board’ in Ashes bid
News

Axed Australia batsman Labuschagne ‘back to drawing board’ in Ashes bid

adminBy adminSeptember 4, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


JOIN OUR WHATSAPP CHANNEL

Marnus Labuschagne has gone “back to the drawing board” in a bid to regain his Australia spot for the Ashes, boosted by knowing he was once the top batsman in the world.

The long-time number three in Australia’s batting order was dropped from the Test tour of the West Indies in June-July after a sustained lean spell.

The 58-Test veteran, known for endlessly tinkering with his technique, said it had been an opportunity to “step back mentally” and reassess his approach.

“There’s an analogy — you can try and bash yourself through the wall or you can just open the door and walk in,” he told cricket.com.au. “(That means) train smarter.

“My technique over time hasn’t been where I wanted it to be and probably there’s been a little bit too much time and focus going into trying to get that right, rather than just playing with what I’ve got.”

“But it’s been a nice time to reset, be able to recalibrate and go, ‘Okay I missed that West Indies series, how am I going to get myself ready to play the Ashes?'”

Labuschagne was moved from his regular spot at three to open in the World Test Championship final against South Africa in June, where he scored 17 and 22 in defeat.

But with his replacement, teenager Sam Konstas, struggling at the top of the order, he could be an option to open again alongside Usman Khawaja in the first Test against England on November 21 in Perth.

The 31-year-old could also start at three if all-rounder Cameron Green moves down the order.

Labuschagne has had several stints at the top of the ICC batting rankings and said it was comforting knowing he was once the world’s best.

“The benefit is you know you’ve done it before, right?,” he said.

“Two years ago I was one of the best batters in the world. You know that it’s there and you know you’ve just got to go back to the (drawing) board and find that consistency, that mental clarity, to go out there and perform.”



Source link

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

Viral Nets Video Highlights Teams Preparing for Usman Tariq’s Unique Action

February 14, 2026

Video of Hardik Pandya With New Partner Goes Viral on Social Media

January 6, 2026

Shahid Afridi Backs Bangladesh Decision Not to Tour India

January 6, 2026

Bangladesh Orders Suspension of IPL Broadcasts Amid Rising Cricket Tensions

January 6, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Bangladesh sweep Pakistan as focus turns to Aussie challenge

May 20, 2026

County wrap: How the Aussies fared in the seventh round

May 20, 2026

New era, new leader: Molineux approaches her acid test

May 19, 2026

Bangladesh within sight of series sweep over Pakistan

May 19, 2026
Latest Posts

Barcelona, Liverpool, Bayern and Atletico reach CL quarter-finals – Sport

March 20, 2026

Conway helps NZ level Twenty20 series against South Africa – Sport

March 18, 2026

‘Iran negotiating with FIFA to move World Cup games to Mexico’: president Mehdi Taj – Sport

March 18, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Subscribe my Newsletter for New Posts & tips Let's stay updated!

WicketYaari – All About Cricket
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest Vimeo YouTube
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact us
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2026 wicketyaari. Designed by wicketyaari.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.